TK - 3rd grade families:
We plan to begin launching the new on-site saliva swab testing program as early as next week. We will be sending out some additional details on Tuesday (1/19), but in the meantime, please thoroughly review all information below.
POSITIVES & LINGERING POSITIVES
Every expert we’ve spoken with has said if we start testing wide scale, we’re going to find asymptomatic positives and lingering positives (previously positive individuals can shed the virus for 3+ months; while not contagious, they may still test positive). This will cause some short-term disruptions.
PLAN FOR THE WORST (hope for the best)
I am aware we’re only a few weeks back after winter break, and I don’t want us to have to close any classrooms back down. However, it is better to identify any cases now, power through the next few weeks, and get everyone on a more consistent testing regimen. In the long term, this will help prevent cases or catch them early, before they can spread. Prepare yourself and your child that their class may have to close for two weeks.
WHAT TO KNOW
- You are not required to use this system, but we are asking students to get tested weekly or as close to weekly as possible.
- This initial launch is only for your 1st-3rd grade student (parents/siblings are not part of the launch).
- You will be notified of results, usually within 24 hours.
- There’s a significant amount of school manpower involved in offering this service at a time in which our staffing is very strained. We are allocating resources to this because we believe it will help keep our community even safer. In order to use this program, you will need to carefully follow designated testing timeframes offered.
1ST-3RD GRADE PROGRAM LAUNCH
We hope all 1st-3rd grade families will take part in testing next week.
- We plan to launch 1st-3rd grade Wednesday (1/20) and hope to follow these times closely.
|All 1st grade||Room 18||Room 19|
- MASKS ON! Arrive at your designated time and park in designated parking spaces (take a sharp left as you enter the WHPS parking lot - to avoid families waiting to park or rolling drop off). If the spaces are full, please park on Oxnard St.