What makes Woodland Hills Private School (WHPS) the right school for you and your child?
Development of the Whole Child
- Our individualized, creative and challenging program is tailored to each individual child’s needs with a real world approach, helping each student achieve his/her goals, build self-esteem, bring out his/her full potential and enable him/her to move to the next level with confidence.
- We provide a caring, loving, and natural environment where children can develop a strong academic foundation.
- We always set high expectations for each student socially, emotionally and academically.
- Children take part in many community service activities, which helps them to develop into responsible, caring and respectful citizens.
- We offer numerous extracurricular activities allow our students to further explore their interests after school. Activities include our sports teams (VISA intramural league), academic chess, robotics, theater, dance, Homework Club, mandarin, yoga, Lego engineering, video game development, golf and much more.
- Our rigorous curriculum, in addition to core curriculum of reading, math, and social studies, also includes classes taught by our specialists for science, animal & nature studies, music, physical education, computer, foreign language and art.
- There is a strong Character Values Education program integrated into the curriculum enabling our students to develop into respectful, responsible citizens while also enhancing the development of strong leadership and self-esteem qualities. In addition, WHPS sponsors a Student Council that further enhances its leadership and character-building program.
- The academic school year is 42 weeks long (most schools are 38), which allows us time to do many special events and activities without sacrificing academic learning.
- Our fully qualified, creative and nurturing teachers who are committed to providing the best education.
- We maintain a low student/teacher ratio, from a maximum of 12:2 for toddlers to a maximum of 24:2 for 5th grade with two fully qualified teachers. The low ratio helps to develop close relationships and trust, so your child will not be lost in the crowd. To learn more about our low student/teacher ratios, please visit our FAQ page for more details.
Accreditation and Awards
- WHPS has been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) since 1996, for having demonstrated compliance with the recognized criteria for high quality educational programs.
- WHPS was the recipient of the R.O.S.E. award Recognizing Outstanding Schools in Education.
- The elementary school has state of the art technology incorporated into its curriculum and classrooms with Engineering/3D CAD and Printing, interactive projectors, Mimio tablets and software, iPads and document readers, as well as laptops and Kindles for our upper grade students.
- The tree-filled campus is located on 4.5 acres and includes our exclusive Science & Nature Center, complete with an aviary and reptile house, providing a unique and natural environment for our students.
Middle School Placement
- We provide placement services for our graduates. We will have conferences with you to assist you and your child in finding the best match for middle school. All our graduates have been accepted into the school of their choice, which include (but are not limited to):
- Sierra Canyon School
- Viewpoint School
- Chaminade College Preparatory
- Oaks Christian School
- A.E Wright
- A.C Stelle
- We believe it takes a village to raise a child. With this belief, we welcome parent involvement in the classrooms and for all our special activities. WHPS also has a very active Parent Association, which supports our school events and provides many additional enrichment activities for the children.
- We are sensitive to the needs of working parents. A before and after school extended day program is available and WHPS only closes for national holidays. The afternoon extended care program includes a Homework Club and a full program of activities.
- We are accountable to our families and responsive to parents and their concerns.